Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Friendship the Invisible Web

I grew up in the church, around godly people, and in the Word of God, yet deceived still by statans many lies. As a youngster I was always told to be careful who I made friends with, but being excepted into a cool group of friends seemed more important to me.

I tell you that a friendship can be a web, an invisible web of deception. I pray that who ever reads this will recognize the web for the trap it really is. This invisible web can stop you from experiencing the fullness of life. When you give in to the pressures of your peers this leaves a window open for the devil to work. If you give the devil a chance to wrap his chains around you he will. Ephesians 4:27 tells us we are to give no place to the devil.

I never thought as a teen that my first drink of beer, my first hit of weed, or my first drag of a cigarette would lead to 13 long years of addiction. I thought one or two beers won't be a big deal, or a cigarette once in a while won't get me hooked. But from what seemed so harmless, drinking beer on the weekends, a joint once in a while, sneaking cigarettes here and there led to experimenting with things I never thought I would touch, along with years and years of addiction and hopelessness. I was like a puppet on strings, pulled around even when I didn't want to go. Some of you might be thinking your different from me and you won't get hooked. You might think a drink or smoke now and then won't affect you. What seems normal for a teen to party and experiment will in turn like for me wind up being a lifestyle otherwise known as satanic bondage. Don't let statans lies deceive you as they did me.

When your peers try to make you think it's cool to do wrongful things stick to your intuitions, you ultimately know right from wrong, its up to you to obey God. Your peers might tease and make fun of you, but if they are true friends they will respect your decisions. You should have close contact with Christians to learn about Christ, and have cautious contact with non-Christians to share Christ.



Do not be bound together with
unbelievers; for what partnership
have righteousness and lawlessness,
or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14
For those of you who have been caught in these webs of deceit its never too late to turn around; repent...


Therefore what benefit were you then
deriving from the things of which you
are now ashamed? For the outcome
of these things is death. But now being
Freed from sin and enslaved to God,
you derive your benefit, resulting in
sanctification and the outcome, eternal life.
Romans 6:21-22
What had me hooked from a teen to almost 30 years of age, Jesus took away in a heartbeat. When it seemed I had no hope God came through for me. I tell you there is always hope in God. Hope in deliverance, hope in salvation, hope in anything your heart desires through Him. God had great things in store for every one of you even if you can't see it now.
Are you going to live life to the fullest and fulfill your destiny? Even if that means giving up your so called friends, alcohol, drugs, or whatever it is holding you back from Gods plan for your life? As always the decision is yours. As I have heard before, any dufous can live their life the way they want. It takes a real man or woman to live to God's potential and live a disciplined, sacrificed life unto Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fool may ask more questions in an hour than a wise man can answer in seven years.