Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Blessed Life

The day after Christmas I was sitting, thinking, pondering on how blessed I am. In my new house sitting in my new chair with my new hat and my new shirt and my new pants and inhaling the new smell of everything. How could I complain about anything when I'm so blessed. Even as I type this up on my new computer I'm amazed at how God has truly blessed me. I must truly be blessed and favored of God.

Would I be here in this new house sitting at this new computer thinking about all the new stuff I have acquired if I hadn't of given my life over to God when I did. Would I be in the same situation, living paycheck to paycheck with just enough to survive as I was a year ago. Would I be spending all my money on dope, smokes and booze wondering why I don't have anything to show for my work. Would I still be in that old oppressed state that seemed so normal at that time, just slipping deeper and deeper into depression. Something tells me that I would be. I would be holding on by a thread with nothing to right about, except how I am living in lack.

But a new day has dawned and I am a new creature in Christ. More to live for than just mere survival. I have so much that other people do not. I can't even begin to count because I will lose count of all the blessings God has granted me since my great turn towards the light. I am grateful for everything in my life.This love runs deep, deeper than a thousand rivers and longer than, well, really long, you get the point. I want to share a couple scriptures on favor...




"You have granted me life and favor,
and Your providence has preserved
my spirit." (Job 10:12)

"Fools make a mock of sin and sin
mocks the fools [bringing them
disappointment and disfavor],
but because I am among the upright,
I have the favor of God." (Proverbs 14:9)

"He Who raised up the Lord Jesus will
raise me up also with Jesus and bring
me [along] into His presence. For all
[these] things are [taking place] for my
sake, so that the more grace (divine favor
and spiritual blessing) extends to more and
more people and multiplies through the
many, the more thanksgiving may increase
[and redound] to the glory of God." (2Corinthians 4:14-15)

No comments: