Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas Day Unveiled

Happy Birthday Jesus! We Love You! We Celebrate You.
Picking on mom while she attempts to cook. While most people have a traditional Christmas dinner, we have chili and tacos and spaghetti. Nothing wrong with that I guess. I'm still a bit exhausted from turkey at Thanksgiving time.




Then a rest from picking on mom while she cooks!


(The culprit) She even looks guilty. Known to cripple a computer with one click. Keep your eyes on this one.



We played with toys, at least some of us did.



We even had time for a little peak a boo.



The season is even more enjoyable when your in LOOOOVVE!!! This was a family event, we eventually had to separate these two dirty birds



I'm about ready to cry here. This is where I think I'm getting a new ice-fishing rod. Turns out the joke is on me :-(



The best part of gifts are tha gag gifts. Yep, this is my new barbie fishing pole. The joke is on them because I will use this pole and catch the biggest fish they have ever seen. And score, the pole even lights up in the handle every time you cast. I guess I kind of deserve this treatment, I have been pretty hard on my mother lately. Bravo mom, you actually came up with a good one.


The happy yet disturbed looking bunch. Just kidding you guys, you don't look that happy!
Overall I would have to say this was one of my better Christmases in a long time.
Especially considering it is my first one walking with Jesus. See, I even sported my Starbucks/Jesus sacrificed for me t-shirt. They say the reason for the season is Jesus and I won't argue that. We celebrate His birth to us. It's also about us.
"For today in the city of David there has been born for YOU a savior, who is Christ the Lord."
Thank you God for sending us a precious gift out of Your great love for us. Amen
Your mercy and grace amazes me!!!




3 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Merry Christmas. I like your new fishing rod :-)

von said...

Merry Christmas Mike and Char. I knew about your fishing rod. I believe you when you will probably catch a real fish with it.

Forgive my lamness this year! Your Christmas presents will be getting to you as soon as I can get them in the mail.

Did you get the house warming gift?

mike said...

Lavonne,
We got your house warming gift. Thankyou very much. I was going to get you guys something and procrastinated and it is probably sold out like last year. I will still look for it and get it to you befor next Christmas, I promise.