Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Steps

I have learned a lot about taking steps of faith lately. About stepping out of my comfort zone and doing stuff scared. I stepped out of my comfort zone when I started attending Open Bible Church. I was scared but I did it anyway. Now I am pretty comfortable were I am and I'm starting to feel a little selfish. I could do more. I feel like a bench warmer (pew warmer) and don't want to be remembered like that. Like I've heard before, The church is full of willing people. Half are willing to work and the other half are willing to let them. It's time to step up and take another step of faith.

Recently I signed up for the Greeter position but this doesn't require very much work. We have much need in other places of our ministry that no one is willing to do. So I request prayer on behalf of ME considering the other two places to work are the Children's Ministry. The church is in much need of volunteers and no one seems to have the time. I think this will be mostly for Wednesday nights. So as I jump into another uncomfortable situation I know God will see me through. It can't hurt sowing a little time and effort into the children of tomorrow.

I've never told anyone this but I had nightmares after watching Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory. All those little Umpa Lumpas or whatever they were creeped me out. So you can imagine how scared I am to be in a room with dozens of little people running around. I might have nightmares the first few weeks but I'm sure I will get over it.

3 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I wish more people had the same kind of attitude toward service.

Shelby-Grace said...

Believe me the little Lumpas aren't as scary as they look! I'm sure you'll do great wherever you serve. We'll be praying for you.

von said...

I am so proud that you are stepping out of your comfort zone, not many people do that, at you know.

God bless you!