Thursday, February 12, 2009

Setting Goals

I have been thinking a lot on mind management lately, if you haven't noticed. It is amazing what we can do if we just put our minds to it. There is so much good in the world that we can accomplish. There is a bunch of bad stuff we can do as well. I know for a fact that our minds are powerful. For over a year now I've been doing my best to erase the filth that I put in my mind for years. This is a task that would virtually be impossible without the Lord's help.

One of the keys for mind-management was setting goals for yourself. If you desire something so greatly, you set a definite goal for yourself. A goal you know you'll reach. Maybe not exactly when you thought you would reach it, but it will be done. Below you will see a goal I set for myself. Take in mind that it is not a serious, God oriented goal under divine guidance. Instead it is not important that I finish through with this. This way there will be no disappointments. Now, If I can complete this goal which is not under divine guidance, then how much more can we accomplish the serious goals that are. So many of us have goals for financial peace, losing an extra 20 to 40 pounds, getting into the Word of God more, and much more. All these things are available if we put our minds to it. God created us fearfully and wonderfully. The human brain is so awesome. It is so durable yet so fragile at the same time.
I received this one gallon jug of Jalapenos for Christmas just last year. Some people think they're reeeeaaalll funny. Thanks Jed. =)

No comments: