Sunday, April 19, 2009

Press Forward

As a new Christian I have made many mistakes. I can admit I am far from perfect. As I grow in Christ I can look back and see were I have gone wrong. Sometimes I can see where the Holy Spirit has tried to warn me of danger, yet I proceeded. When driving down the road I have a large windshield to look out of and a small rear view mirror to view what I have gone past. I can say the rear view mirror is smaller because what is behind you is not as important as what is ahead of you. I can either fixate on the past, with its failures, disappointments or I could learn from those things and move on. I keep my eyes fixed on the prize. (Philippians 3:14)

Heed not past failures, but strive
for the prize, Aiming for goals fit
for His holy eyes. ~Brant~

1 comment:

von said...

Good for you, Mike. That piece of knowledge is so important. Some people who have been saved for years still need to know this.