Sunday, June 28, 2009

Do You Know The Preamble For Your State?

I found these Preambles lying around. I must of had them for some time. I don't even know where they came from but it seemed interesting so I'll share some with you. I'll try and hit every state for my faith full followers of this blog.

  • Iowa 1857, Preamble. We, the People of the State of Iowa, grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings establish this constitution.
  • Indiana 1851, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Indiana, grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.
  • Wisconsin 1848, Preamble. We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility...
  • Illinois 1870, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.

"Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants."~William Penn~

If there is a particular states Preamble you would like to see just drop a comment and I will set you up.

2 comments:

Char said...

Good eyeopener!

von said...

that is totally cool!