Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gearing Up

I'm gearing up when I should be gearing down. I'm gearing up for a night of camping with our Young Adult Ministry group Friday night. Which means I have a variety of
things to get done. Right now I'm canning tomatoes and that is a process of its own. I should be mowing the lawn but a small group of smurfs have moved in and I feel bad chasing them off.

I still need to get my camping gear in order so I can leave straight after work tomorrow. Then there is eating at some point. I'm having a difficult time budgeting my time these days. I want to spend quality time with the Lord also. This is tough to do when in the mornings I'm groggy and in the later evenings I'm sleepy. I want to give some of my best hours to God. Prayer time is so essential to our relationship.

I can't help but think how much easier things would be with a significant other around. You know, to cook and clean and mow the grass for me. Just kidding, but it would help a bit. I do take child donations as long as they can cook, clean, mow the grass and not complain.

I better get some stuff done so I can gear down at some point. Have yourself a lovely weekend.