Monday, January 18, 2010

Character Traits

Day 4: A Spirit of Faith

One of the best days of my life was the day Aldo told us how God had restored him to life. "I was dead, but then God blew His Spirit into me and the next moment I was alive." I often think about this when I contemplate those who breathe in and out, but who are spiritually dead.

The moment you are reborn, God blows the Spirit of faith into your nose, just like He blew physical life into the body of man when He first created him. It's this Ruah (literally breath of God) that gives life!

Since the accident, I've come to appreciate the power of faith. God promised me that He would heal Aldo and I'm clinging to it, deliberately focusing on His promise and ensuring that my actions don't contradict it. The enemy, who knows how dangerous we can be if we're faith-filled, is always trying to focus our minds on the negative aspects of a situation, hoping that we will succumb to fear. This happens to me when people ask me how long I'm going to close my eyes to the reality of Aldo's condition. My answer to this is that I'll believe God is going to heal him until I die. I will keep believing, because I know it's the only thing that will ever please God.

Satan still comes to me with his fear and disbelief, but I've learnt to recognize him now. He usually speaks through people and often it is through people who are close to me. This is when I concentrate on looking with my spirit eyes and recite 2 Cor. 5:7, "We live by faith, not by sight". Just like Abraham, I will hope against hope and I will receive the promise. Faith is about seeing with your heart and believing in things we cannot see with our physical eyes. When I was in the throne room, God asked me how I saw Aldo in my minds eye. Like every mother, I visualized my son being healthy and happy, playing soccer with his friends. But God had a different vision.

"I will give you more than what you could ever ask or imagine," He said.

If you ask me what my definition of faith is, I'll have to say it's the willingness to trust God although you don't know the answers. It is to say, "No matter what, Lord, I will trust in You". And it is not easy to make this declaration. One day, out of the blue, Aldo asked, "Mommy, if Jesus were to return today, would He find even one person on Earth who still believes?"

As for me, I look for the smallest improvement in Aldo's condition to strengthen my faith and I praise God for it, because I know every huge work started out small.

No comments: