Friday, February 5, 2010

Know It All

I never once want to think that I've learned all. It seems that the people I work with, or at least a few, think they have learned all and they are all that and a box of crackers too. And people like me amount to zero because they seem to have more worldly knowledge.

In this view I look at Christians today. How many think they have learned it all. With comments like "I've read the Bible before, I know what it says." and "Your preaching to the quire here." I think many of us are really good at hearing the Word but not digging down deep within ourselves and doing. It all takes action on our part. being a believer isn't as simple as thinking I'm saved and there you go. It takes a little gusto on our part.

Look at the disciples lives in the Bible. They weren't miraculously changed overnight into powerful leaders. They were rather faithless their entire time while walking with Jesus. But after a few more lessons they learned how to become leaders, healers, conquerors, through Jesus. Peter didn't go from being a fisherman to a great leader and teacher. Through his time of faithlessness and through the time of denial Jesus was making him all that he should be.

Jesus will do the same for us if we continue on with Him in doing what He says. We will be changed by His Spirit, shedding one garment for a better one. In time we will eventually lose that one and move to the next, gradually being transformed into His likeness. Keep the faith, continue being doers of His Word and He will lead you to greener pastures.

No comments: