Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Scrambled Priorities

Today I was thinking about my priorities. Are my ducks in a row, so to speak? I wonder if I'm making God's priorities my priorities or mine his. Do I expect God to answer my prayers according to what I want done? What about what He wants from me? And this question popped up in my small little brain. What are God's priorities? Well lets see. God came down out of heaven and put on flesh to dwell with us. And then He willingly died for you and me. If I was to answer this question..."What are God's priorities?", I would have to say PEOPLE. God doesn't seem to be too picky when it comes to us people. He isn't all for certain denominations, in fact, I would venture to say He isn't interested in denominations near as much as He is just plain people. He doesn't care where we've been, what we've done, or even what we have believed. He just wants us. God's heart is with people.

What are we doing for God's people? What are we doing as God's property? What are we doing with God's property? There are plenty of hungry people out there. Physically and spiritually hungry or should I say starving to death. That's what's happening. People are starving to death. Are my priorities God's priorities? I think I should help feed God's people.

No comments: