Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tijuana, Mexico Trip 2011

Today my wife, Suzy, and I signed on the dotted line saying that we are on board for a missions trip to Tijuana, Mexico. We will be spending our time building a house for a family in need. This will be a first time for both Suzy and I to venture on a missions trip. Our journey begins on May 25th when we fly into Sandiego, California. Another first on our list is eating at the In and Out Burger before crossing the border which I am super stoked about. Of course I've never been to California either and will wish I could stay longer I'm sure. Also I believe we will take some time to visit the ocean which this deprived boy has yet to see. Oh-ya, and I've never flown before so I guess I will be getting a bunch of never done befores off my list. We plan on building the small two story house in 4 or 5 days. We will venture home June 1st.

God is really speaking to His people at this time about giving more of themselves and what they have. I've been evaluating what is on my plate of life and discovering that there is so much that can be done away with. When we free up time and resources we can bless God's Kingdom like nothing else before bringing God Glory. People need to be fed, sheltered and above all else need to hear the gospel. We can all do a part in this world and help many suffering souls.

4 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Glad to hear about your mission trip. You won't be too far from us. If the timing works out - I'd be happy to meet you at In-N-Out and buy your burger for you. Keep us posted.

Nathan said...

Awesome! So excited for you both!!!!

mike said...

Sounds great Kris, you have no idea what that would mean to me. Will keep you posted.

Derek Chalfant said...

Have fun and enjoy a In-N-Out Burger, now all you need to do is try some Round Table pizza.