Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tijuana Update

Our plane tickets have been purchased for our flight to Sandiego this spring but yet feels so far away still. Time has been moving right along though. Suzy and I have had $400.00 come in so far to cover the $600.oo for the plane tickets. What a blessing, Praise God!

Where many seem so supportive we've gotten a lot of bad feed back. People trying to talk us out of going, telling us horror stories and such. People sending us letters and clippings of news events trying to detour us and telling us they won't support us. I understand many of those only have a healthy concern. I don't expect anything less from a people who just sit around and watch CNN or 20/20. Fear keeps people locked up. We're choosing to walk in faith. But as I look around I see many other Christians walking in fear as well. This concerns me and makes me wonder if this is normal or is satan working overtime lately.

Frankly I don't give a hoot what the devil schemes up because I know my God is bigger. God has a set standard above anything the devil can throw against me and I trust God's Word. His Word sets me free and that is where He wants me. Jesus came so that I could have life and have it more abundantly. That's how I plan on living it.

On a side note we still need to raise at least another $600.oo come May. We have a few plans in store and in action. We will have a rummage sale in April and Suzy has signed up to where this apron in church which says 'Here Am I Lord, Send Me'. Throughout the service people will put their loose change or bills in it and all the proceeds will go towards sending Suzy on the trip. With the rise in gas we will more than likely need a few extra bucks. We except prayer and cash and if you feel the urge to send us some moola I can guarantee all will go towards this missions trip. Message me if you need an address.

No comments: