Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dog Vomit to Witnessing

I just ran to Mason City to get carpet cleaner. My dog vomited up a yellow liquid on my white carpet and it won't come out. NOT happy.

I ran into an old friend several weeks ago. I was wishing I had witnessed to her. I prayed about it and for her. At the same store today I ran into her again. We were heading out the door and I was looking for my opportunity when this lady stopped me to check my stinking receipt. I thought blasted devil how dare you interrupt me as I watched my old friend walk out the door saying bu bye. Of course I had to wait while the lady checked everybody elses receipts While watching another opportunity flushed down the toilet. I make it to my vehicle, load my things in and get in myself. I go to pull out and here comes this old friend walking up to me. She asks me if I want to go out and have a beer. Bam.. Just like that the LORD gives me another chance and opens the door wide. So I tell her I don't drink anymore and let her have the whole story in a nut shell. I could see her start to squirm a little as I told her about giving my heart to Jesus and how I was changed. She went on the defensive and told me she doesn't drink that often. Story short, she said well I left my van open I better go, nice seeing ya.

It's amazing to watch how people react when I tell them my story. Most are hearing something they don't want to and start changing the subject right away."No anything but that Jesus stuff. I can't deal with the mess in my own life."

Oh.. I forgot my carpet cleaner too. The whole reason I went all the way to Mason.

1 comment:

von said...

That is an awesome story Mike. I can just see her trying to think of something really quick so she can run away.
By the way the best carpet cleaner is Blue Coral, found only at Target or and automotive car place like pep boys or auto zone. It will get rid of hard stains too. Hard stains may take a time or two but it works.