Monday, November 24, 2008

Loneliness and Prayer

I have had this feeling of loneliness coming over me lately. I cant' really explain it. I know the Lord is with me always. I know He understands that lonely feeling. The loneliness the Lord experienced before His crucifixion must have been horrible. All His disciples left Him, forsook Him, denied Him, and one even went so far as to rat Him out.

I have been reading this book lately during my lunch breaks called 'A divine revelation of prayer'
by Mary K. Baxter. In the seventh chapter I came across this part which explains how I have been feeling. This particular section is called 'Alone In His Presence' It goes on to say "When God separates you unto Himself, it's for the purpose of training and teaching you. He wants you to become familiar with His voice. He desires that His Spirit become a vital presence in your everyday life. God wants to use this time to impart His nuggets of wisdom, knowledge, and truth into your life and for you to become totally dependent upon His anointing to lead and guide you. You must get to the place where his presence is so prominent in your life that it no longer feels unusual to rely upon His Spirit-even in the midst of adversity, trials, and rejection. You may feel lonely, that no one cares about your situation, or that God has forgotten about you." This is how I have been feeling. I have felt distant almost from God Himself. I know this isn't the case, I just need to be pressing into God. It continues to read, "I want you to know that although it can sometimes feel like a lonely life, there are occasions when God wants to separate you to do a great work for Him in the body of Christ. It can seem lonely because it requires a lot of time and prayer."

I don't know if this is exactly what is going on but I'm going to continue to seek and pray about it. "It's time to pray and to seek the counsel of the Lord. We must turn to the Lord with pure hearts and yield ourselves to Him as sacrificed lives."

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. (ROMANS 12:1)

1 comment:

von said...

Mary K. Baxter is an awesome writer. Just keep a listening ear open to the Spirit.