Sunday, November 23, 2008

SOLD OUT

Being sold out to Christ is where I want to be. Every person should want that. I don't want to be praising and thanking Him with my lips only. I want every fiber of my being to praise and worship my Lord. I want it to come from the depths of my heart. This is what God is looking for.
He is looking for a people who will worship Him with integrity.

We look at Paul's life from the scriptures and it shows how he was sold out for Christ. He was willing to suffer for the Kingdom. He did time in the joint and took beatings and still he preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He knew what it meant to worship in truth and integrity. He knew what it meant to be sold out to Christ. No matter what came his way until death he did the work of the Lord.

Jesus is coming soon and we need to be prepared. So many people in the body of Christ are not ready. They speak with their lips but don't mean it from their hearts. God is being merciful and holding back time so we can prepare. We need to do so and strive to ready people for Christs' return.

I pray that we will see passion for the presence of God in our churches. We need this in my own church. So many people just mosey along without a real zeal for God. They numbly attend church every week sometimes a couple times a week and act like they are bored. There is so much waiting for us if we run after God the way He wishes us to. There are gifts upon gifts the Lord has for us yet we don't receive them because we don't bother to seek or ask.

Of course the rewards that await us in Heaven are much greater than here on earth. What we do here on earth determines what we receive in Heaven. Every person will get their just reward. That is heavy in my heart right now. The people that say I love Jesus yet don't like to fast or live according to His word are going to get their reward as well. I feel especially bad for the ones who mock the word of God and Jesus. Their reward awaits them.

Repent people, Repent, Those who turn from their wicked ways will be salvaged. Jesus has prepared such a beautiful, pure ,and holy place for us. You don't want to miss out. Fulfilling your fleshly desires isn't worth the heart ache we will face. Sell out. Sell out to Christ. Let Him know you love Him. Let everything you do praise the Lord.

I had a friend tell me he thought I was taking this God thing too far. I had a co-worker tell me I am taking this God thing too far. My heart goes out to these for they will get their reward. I continue to follow Christ and put Him first in my life no matter what. He is what is important to me. He hung on the cross at calvery for me, all for love.

When we do things that hurt Jesus it is like crucifying Him all over again. I don't want to hurt my Lord. I love Him way too much. Shouldn't we all be sold out to Christ Jesus.

No comments: