Sunday, November 2, 2008

Reaching out!!

I found myself ministering to a hurting man today. He stopped by my house after church and I could tell he was in need of help. He desperately wants to know and understand God. He knows about my transformation and wanted to hear it from my perspective. He told me he wants the same thing in his life with tears his eyes. I find it so hard to explain God to those who just don't have any idea at all. He doubts the Word of God wich makes it even tougher. I did my best to tell him about the love God has for him and wants his fellowship. This man is older and has served in war. He has five children who all desprately need the Lord. I told him he needs to be an example for them. "Do as I say and not as I do" just doesn't work. They will follow in his footsteps either to hell or to heaven. I gave him some booklets, a dvd that helped me, and a book to start with. I also gave him a copy of the sinners prayer and told him when he is ready I would lead him in it or he could do it on his own as long as he means it with his whole heart.


I kept thinking to myself why me, why me Lord. I don't want to do this. Then the Lord reminded me of one of my prayers. I had asked the Lord to use me, I wanted to win souls over to the Lord. Well I guess the saying be careful what you ask for you just might get it is true. Any way I invited him to my church and he accepted the offer. Glory to God we have another one. Take that satan. I am claiming all his children for the Kingdom in Jesus Mighty Name. I feel very blessed and honored to be able to do the work of the Lord!

1 comment:

von said...

That is beautiful. I cried. God bless you in your work for Him. Mike you do have a way of just telling your story that is heart felt and your compassion shows through.