Friday, November 21, 2008

Testing Times

I have been going through some tempting times lately. A trial so to speak. I know I need to stay delivered and remain clean and holy before a Holy God. I turn to Him and ask for strength and to lead me out of temptation. I feel if I pass this test He is going to move me to another level in my life, my spiritual growth you could say. I think this is why He is letting this trial come my way. I know it is not God himself tempting me for what I read in His Word. It's amazing how the enemy can trick us sometimes. He is very subtle and sneaks those thoughts into my head. Just from temptation I have felt guilty. I felt dirty and unclean before God. I love the LORD and that is it. I will not be moved by what satan does. He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

Here are some verses I have been speaking aloud to myself.

I keep awake and watch and pray [constantly], that I may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. MARK 14:38

I will not let myself be overcome with evil, but will overcome (master) evil with good. ROMANS 12:21

Blessed (happy, to be envied) am I when I'm patient under trial and stand up under temptation, for when I have stood the test and been approved, I will receive [the victor's] crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him. JAMES 1:12

I will be subject to God. I will resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from me. JAMES 4:7

In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self. PSALM 138:3

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me into a level country and into the land of uprightness. PSALM 143:10

If any one has some comments, scriptures, prayers or words of encouragement please feel free. I would appreciate any form of help, correction, or direction.

4 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Mike,

Keep fighting the good fight. I did a sermon series about temptation in April at our church called "WAIT". I created a website to coincide with the series. The site listed resources and practical help.

You can find the site here: http://www.simplywait.com/

Praying for you.

mike said...

Kris,

Thank you for your insight and prayers.

von said...

Praying for you now! Keeping you lifted up. Hold him Jesus!

Char said...

Your new life in Christ is such a blessing and an inspiration for me. I know I have temptations in my own life. Staying focused on what He has called me to do is helping alot. Thanks for the scriptures! I love to be fed with the word. I love the precious closeness of my friend Jesus. And Mike, I love you very much. Thanks for being my son and my friend.
Mom