Friday, December 5, 2008

God has spoken

Every now and then God really speaks to me. I don't necessarily hear an audible voice coming from nowhere. Sometimes I can carry on a conversation with Him when I feel close to Him in spirit. But other times He goes out of His way to let me know He has spoken. I've noticed from the day I was delivered, that He will bring me messages. I know they come from Him because He reassures it every time. For instance, last night when I was trying to spend time with the Lord and get into the Word, I wasn't sure if we were connecting. Sometimes our simple human brains wonder during reading. I will read the same verse or even the whole chapter, over several times, even using different translations. I finished my reading, said my nightly prayers and told the Lord good night. In the morning I turned the television on right away. In the mornings I like to watch Christian networking, this helps get my day started off on a good page. Joice Meyer is usually my choice in the mornings. This particular morning she just happened to be teaching on the exact Scriptures I was reading before bed. God had something he wanted to get across to me. Well, I got it, loud and clear Lord, thank you. This has happened many times in this last year. Sometimes I will even get the same message up to three times, and I know by the third time I must have missed it, so I really listen good. I have sat down to read my bible in the past and been confused on what I have read or just not fully understood. I turn on the t.v., find a station to watch,(almost always a christian station) and there will be a man or woman, ordained be God, teaching on what I was just reading. Pretty neet to know God cares and gets this involved to direct my every move. OK, it's AWESOME to know the Creator of the whole universe gets this involved with my spiritual growth. GLORY TO GOD!!!

No comments: