Thursday, December 4, 2008

An up and down day

My day didn't start out so hot today. I woke up with 12 or 13 minutes to get ready and leave for work. Plus it was recycling day which didn't help matters. All morning I just seemed to be upset. I couldn't quite find my peace at all. I was sure glad when lunch time came. I can usually get away and spend some time with the Lord, that will calm me down on any given day. I say to myself on the way to lunch, This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I decided to eat at the deli in the grocery store. I have gotten myself in the habit of saying a prayer before my meal aloud no matter how many people are around. I sat down with my lunch and said my prayer. I noticed a little old lady sitting a couple of tables away. Soon an elderly man came to join her. I noticed right away they were both praying over their meal with their heads bowed. They both said amen and so did I. This made my day to see and hear this older couple praying together. I can't explain it, my mood changed right then for the better. The rest of the day I was cheerful. I had to thank the Lord for letting me witness this, after all He knew it would change my attitude for the rest of the day.

After work when I arrived home I made up my mind to go and do some more Christmas shopping and get gas. I stopped at the gas station first in the small town of Manly. To my horror the young lady behind the counter and a young man next to me were talking about a guy who was serving in a church. Here comes the horror part. They were complaining on how he spends too much time doing church things. The young man began to say how he was brain washed and the young lady agreed. They both thought there conversation was cute. I was almost in tears hearing people talk this way. It broke my heart to hear them in their nonsense. I walked out to my jeep telling Jesus I was sorry for what I was hearing. He comforted me and said it's not your fault. I said I know but it must tear you apart Lord. He said yea but you can pray for them. So I prayed for both those people and then began to cheer the Lord up by singing praises to Him out of key. I felt much better after singing my guts out. Through all the wickedness I deal with at work and on the streets I'm thankful that the Lord's love is there until the end. No matter what people say or do they can not separate me from the love of God. Thank you Jesus, you made my day.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Great post Mike, and great reminders to pray and rejoice in the Lord. I needed to read that today.

von said...

I just don't know how people live day in and day out without the comforting of the Lord. Thank you Mike for praying for those two young people. Maybe if they listen to the Holy spirit they too will know the peace of God.
You have great wisdom!