Sunday, December 21, 2008

Too Cold for Church???

Churches all around North Iowa were cancelled today! I couldn't believe it, it wasn't that bad out. So the wind was whipping and the wind chill was like -20 degrees, but you could see the road and the roads were clear for the most part. Either way I made it to church and it was awesome. There was plenty of room for me to park because only around 25 people showed up. It was a little sad and I'm sure the Holy Spirit was a little grieved, but the ones who showed up gave Him honor and glory. I was told I was the only one from out of town that made it in today. My pastor said he doesn't know how to cancel services; I'm glad for that. After church I was invited to eat lunch with Pastor Will and Joyce, and their boy Travis and his wife Heather. All in all it was a good time. Too bad all the other mamby pamsies miss out since everyone who showed up got free candy bars and oodles of candy corn after service. My pastor enjoys blessing people with food. If it's not fish or deer meat it's cookie dough or chicken. Today it just happened to be candy.

I had a couple of the youth come up to me today and ask were I drove from. I told them 20 minutes away from here in Hanlontown. They told me I was a die hard church member. I couldn't help but laugh, but what they said really blessed me. They in turn told me how they love coming to church so much that they wouldn't miss it for nothing. God, bless these kids that are this dedicated to You and Your service. Amen. It is great to know that we still have the next generation growing up loving God and church.

1 comment:

von said...

I couldn't agree more!