Friday, January 23, 2009

Being Baptized

In two days I will be getting baptized. I'm going down, getting dunked, going under. I will be publicly proclaiming my faith in Jesus Christ before over one hundred people. Wow, that makes me nervous to think of it that way. But I'm going through with it anyway. I'll just have to do it scared.

I will be having my funeral Sunday after the sermon. Resurrection following the death and burial. I will be raised with Christ and dead to the old self once and for all.

2 comments:

von said...

What precious new! I love your last paragraph. I will be using it on our big screen at church. I will be giving you the credit as the author.

Mike, how wonderful. I just have tears of joy! I will be with you in thought on Sunday! love you, love you, love you,

Kris Sorensen said...

That's great! I'm so glad to hear this. Baptisms are such a powerful testimony and moment in our spiritual lives. Praise God!!