Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mission Complete

We had a great time today working hard for a good cause. I regretfully forgot my camera this morning so I have no pictures of my own. There was another young man that was going around taking pictures so I asked him to hook me up. He said he would so I will have some photos to post here and on the church blog. The Lord really came through today. He put this mission on the hearts of many people. There was such a great turn out that a 6 hour job turned out to be just under a 3 hour job. The entire basement is now gutted and ready for reconstruction.

We had prayer in the morning which turned out to be a good idea. God's provision and devine safety was there. I had a huge fluorescent light fixture break free from its mounts and swing right by my head before the wire snapped and fell to the ground with sparks flying. People brought there little kids along to help out. With so many boards laying around with nails protruding it was a miracle there were no kids with holes in there feet.

The devil tried coming against us by dropping the temperatures to -8*. But this didn't stop dozens of people from coming and lending a helping hand. It was cool to see the love of Christ at work in that place. I know God is going to bless this new church being planted. It definitely was getting the attention of the whole neighborhood. Running in and out of the church dumping garbage there seemed to be more and more people walking by commenting and a small crowd outside the bar across the alley watching. If you plant it they will come. OK ...that was bad. I am more than ready for a nap... adios'...check ya later...peace

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks a lot for helping out today. Everyone who helped out was a HUGE blessing to Ken and the kids who will soon be attending the program!! Thanks for doing this Mike, Heard about it from KarrieJo, so its getting around!!