Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Baptism

Here I am getting ready to take the plunge. Can you see the sweat on my brow?The speech! This was a shock. I had no idea I was going to do this. I was a little nervous and to tell the truth, I have no idea what I said. Did I speak at all?
And its official. I am dead to sin. To help me get over my nerves I had to keep telling myself that Jesus hung on the cross in front of everyone with my sin upon Him. I can surely do this in front of a congregation.


The aftermath. Do I look any different? I think I look cleaner. Thanks Pastor Will, at least I don't have to take a shower tonight. Ha Ha.











3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

So glad you had someone take pictures so we could get to see it too!!!

Way to go!! So proud of you!!

Adam said...

Congragulations on the big dip! Also thank you so much for all your hard work at the church on Saturday. It was a blessing to see so much support. I am super excited about what God is doing both in our church and around it. God bless you through your days.

-Adam-

von said...

Mike, thank you for sharing the pics. It made me feel like I was really there.
You are such an inspiration for all of us.
May God bless you, and bless you, and bless you!!!!!