Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I've never made a New Years Resolution in my 30 years of life. I figured I would just fail and be that more miserable. Now I'm ready to take more chances. Chances to make goals for myself and watch them come to pass as I trust God with them. This being my first New Years resolution I figured I'd at least make it a good one. Most people vow to loose weight-exercise more-stop a bad habit, so on and so on. I have dedicated this year of 2009 to the Word of God. I plan on reading the Bible in one years time flat. In 2008 I read through the New Testament just about twice. I feel I'm missing out on a lot from the Old Testament. I hope this will help me be a better influence in my every day life as I try to be a light in a dark place. That's my second resolution for 2009. Being a great influence to the world. Jesus said we should be a light unto the world. We should be a great example. Everyone should notice us and how we are different from everyone else. They should see God's favor upon us. They should see the fruits of the Spirit in us, and flowing out of us like a river of living water as we live a Spirit filled life.

No comments: