Friday, January 9, 2009

Orientation Complete

I am now an official van driver for the church. Last Wednesday I went on a trial run to learn all the stops. It wasn't as scary as I thought it might be. Of course I haven't done it alone yet either.
I will be transporting around 12 kids, ranging from the ages of 7-12. I didn't fully understand the responsibility at first until I took the job. All these children's lives are being entrusted to me. To get them from home to church and back home again safely. I guess you could say it's a pretty important job. I am being fully trusted with my own set of keys to the church. Not everyone can say that.

I told the other and only other Wednesday night van driver that I must be ordained to do this job. This is a Mason City route. I know Mason City pretty well considering I grew up there.One of the little girls lives in my old neighborhood. Another little girl lives in the neighborhood of my old babysitter. And there are two boys who live in a house that was once owned by an old friends mother. It was meant to be.

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Sounds like a great ministry for you!

von said...

Boy, Mike, that is a huge responsiblity, congrats!