Saturday, March 21, 2009

Financial Peace

I started taking Financial Peace University classes three weeks ago. I have 10 weeks left. So far I have learned quite a bit. I have this vision of being completely at peace with my finances. All I have to do is stick to the main key structures that these classes provide. In the past I haven't been real wise with my money. Spontaneous purchases were my thing. In my small group at class I am the only one to even have accomplished the first baby step (Not that I'm bragging). I know God has given me the ability to gain wealth. He has trusted me with so much to stuard over. I want to be completely faithful with what He has given to me. When I sit down and punch in the numbers this vision gets clearer and clearer. I have started writing my monthly budgets out and am training my mind to strictly follow it. In Habakkuk 2:2,3 it says "Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run". Look at verse 3. "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail".

In Proverbs 29:18 I read, "Where there is no vision, the people perish". And I'm sure you have heard people say or preachers preach that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I have a vision and a plan towards my goal and it will not fail. Dave Ramsey says that if you live like no other that some day you will live like no other. Of course I'm not out to get rich quick or anything. I know what scripture says about that. Proverbs 23:4 reads "Do not weary yourself to gain wealth, Cease from your consideration of it". God has blessed me so that I may be a blessing to others.

1 comment:

von said...

Steve and I have gone threw FPU too. It is a great program. I love living like this and not like the rest of the world.