Friday, March 20, 2009

To Know His Love

Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies
of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll
contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky.


These words from the hymn "The Love of God" capture in word pictures the breathtaking magnitude of divine love. I can't understand this love to my fullest knowledge no matter how hard I try. Today at work I was perplexed because of all the wickedness around me. It seems so hard for me to love on these individuals that have no respect and no love in themselves. Was this what I reflected before I was saved? Thank God for His forgiveness and acceptance of repentance and sanctification through His Word and Holy Spirit. Without love there would be no mercy. I don't think I would be able to explain in any words about God's love. God's love cannot be explained, it can only be experienced.

"To know the love of
Christ which passes
knowledge."
(Ephesians 3:19)

3 comments:

RCrotty said...

When I go On my walks everyday. I often wounder How God has so much love for all of us. I love god and everything that he has given me. I just don't understand how he can love so many of us.

mike said...

Ruth,It's Hard to imagine isn't it.
Even in our worst He loves us. It inspires me to think that there is nothing I can do to make Him love me more or less.

von said...

Remember Christ knocks at our hearts door and the other way around. Hard to believe, I know.