Thursday, March 19, 2009

Out Of Date, Out Of Style



This is against my better judgment. But here it is. A long lost picture of me and my cousin Yvette. I have been an avid fisherman for a long time. You can see here that I caught the biggest fish even then. =)

You see, me and my Ma were po'. so p0' in fact that these must of been the only clothes she could find for me. At least I'm not wearing more pink than my cuz. My hair is long and in need of a cut. Mostly because we were, you guessed it, po'. Real po'.

It's hard for me to imagine that my mother loved me. I think she thought if she dressed me like this someone would come along and put me out of my misery. I'm sure glad those days are in the past. My fashion sense can only get better and the fish will get bigger. Lets hope.

5 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Wow, that is a blast from the past! Wait till Yvette sees it:)

I kind of think around that time, pink was sorta OK for guys....maybe because of the whole Miami Vice show?!? I think I've seen a picture of Kris, trying to pull off the pastel look!

Looks like it was a good day of fisin' for both of you!

RCrotty said...

I think that you are wearing more pink than she is.

von said...

Oh my, Mike, what were we thinking! I truly don't know why your mom and I would do that to you. Was that our house in Plymouth?

mike said...

Von, Yes, I believe it is your old house in plymouth. I have fond memories of that place.

There were some old pictures of you discovered as well from that time period.

Yvette said...

Loved it! Thanks for posting that. I remember those days. I don't think any one thought that was unnormal to be dressed like that. Remember when you fell through the ice on the river by the
Plymouth house? We thought testing the ice with rocks and a sticks would be a good idea. I guess not.
I also remeber driving you crazy when we fished. I think we drove each other crazy.:)