Thursday, April 16, 2009

About Saturday

I've been looking forward to going to this church conference for some time now. I was excited but now I'm a bit nervous considering I really don't know what to expect. I will be in a separate learning area as most everyone else. Mine will be Spiritual Growth. Everyone else will be in either children's ministry, church leadership, or student ministry. I sure hope that there will be some people I know in my group. That always helps. It looks like this study will cover Close Encounters of the Spiritual Kind. Thats my favorite. This is something I am very interested in. We will focus on the person and work of the Holy Spirit. I am definitely into the supernatural things of God. I love to see how He works and touches peoples lives so divinely. That reminds me that Sid Roth is on tonight at 9:30 on Daystar. Its a weekly routine in my house.

One more thing about Saturday. In Cedar Rapids, Iowa the Rock & Worship Roadshow is taking place. This concert is hosted by Mercy Me, Tenth Avenue North, Sanctus Real, Hawk Nelson and John reuben. This concert is only ten dollars at the door. All proceeds are going to charity. I thought me and a bunch of people from church were going to go until I realized it was the same day as the conference. Oh-well...spiritual growth is much more important to me.

1 comment:

RCrotty said...

I hope that you have a good time. I hope to hear about it when you get back. Have fun.