Monday, April 27, 2009

Learning To Journal

I'm sorry if I seem over spiritualized on this blog. Some people get sick of hearing the same things over and over. I'm not out to get anybody to like me through this blog. I'm not looking to impress anybody either.

Recently when I attended the Elevate conference we were given special journals and taught some initial skills for studying our Bibles. I have yet to completely apply these principals to my everyday life but am looking forward to living it out. This particular journal has a bible in a year program in the back and a place to journal each day of the year to memorate what we read and learned through it. (if memorate isn't a word, it is now) We learned a simple procedure to studying our Word from God. Soap.

S cripture
O bserve
A pplication
P rayer

We talked about the different types of prayer and how God speaking to us through His Word is one of the highest forms of prayer. After this session I spoke to my pastor about journaling. He told me this whole learning to journal and Financial Peace University revolutionized This mans church. I told pastor how I used to journal all the time when I was first saved and how now it's more of an every now and then thing. He mentioned my blog and asked, "Isn't that what you do through your blogging". I never looked at it like that before. I guess that is what I do a lot of the time.

Thanks for actually taking time to read this blog even if it's over spiritualized. :-)

No comments: