Sunday, April 12, 2009

Share The Voice Of The Savior

I am amazed as I talk with my pastor at how many times he is given the chance to witness to others about Christ. Be it at the gas station, supermarket, on the dock fishing, or chopping wood at his wood pile. It makes me wonder why I don't get so many chances. Or do I? I think that God gives us so many chances but we only take advantage of certain obvious ones. How many times do we keep moving along even when God opens a door for us to share Christ. In our minds we think they won't receive what we have to say. Or they'll just think I'm crazy. Sometimes God puts things at our feet but we refuse to pick it up. Think about how the Israelites were given manna from above. If they didn't go out and pick it up they would have starved. In the same way I believe if we don't share what Christ opens up for us, they will starve. The people need what we have. Their everlasting souls are banking on it. What if you are the one that puts that notion in their head that Christ is king, He is the Judge and they need Christ before they die. What if you choose not to look foolish and they never get another chance to learn about Jesus or get their curiosity up about Him. What does that make you and me? Sometimes we have to pick up the manna. Sometimes we need to speak up no matter what. Keep your eyes and ears open and share.

No comments: