Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Slight Disappointment

I'm slightly disappointed in the fact that Bash on the Farm is being held the second week of June. I had a fishing vacation planned for that weekend. The fish will be spawning in southern Iowa at that time and I go every year. I would go fishing the first week in June but I'm chaperoning a clubhouse camping trip that weekend. So as I contemplate this tricky decision I guess the third weekend in June will have to do for fishing. If the fish are done spawning by then the fish won't barely bite. That would be a bummer. But it is hard to deny 40 plus Christian Rock bands with a free will donation that lasts all weekend. And I also promised an 8 year old girl I took with me to Bash on the Farm last year, that I wouldn't forget to bring her with again. It is amazing what 8 year olds can remember when you make a promise. I better be a man of his word and keep a promise, unless it's raining. ;-)

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

Good choice. Perhaps God will give you miracle catch of fish the third weeken of June.