Saturday, May 2, 2009

Verses I Favor

Not much going on today. So I thought I would share a couple verses from scripture that hold a special place in my heart.

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death encompassed me, And the torrents of ungodliness terrified me. The cords of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears." (Psalms 18:1-6)

When I first came across these verses I couldn't help but weep. It took about a year for me to be able to read this and not weep. It still stirs me up because I was so far lost, yet God waited for me and heard my cries for help from the pit I was in. Me, one person out of billions and He answered little o'le me. I will praise Him for eternity!

The next verses I would like to share explain what happened after God delivered me. I guess this happens to all who come to Him for salvation. The renewing of the spirit. It's a reminder for me that my strength comes from the Lord to obey and follow His statutes.

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a New heart and put a New spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances." (Ezekiel 36:25-27)

I can remember people asking me if or when I got saved when I was a young man. I had no answer. I often wondered, how do you know when your saved? Now I know.God continues to amaze me and I can't help but dance for Jesus. What love!!! His spirit is within me. ("For the love of Christ controls us...." 2 cor. 5:14) ("...do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you,...." 2 cor. 13:5) ("...the Spirit of God dwells in you..." 1 cor.3:16)

I just went and blogged myself happy :-) ("Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in the things pertaining to God." Romans 15:17) Grace to you and peace from God.

2 comments:

RCrotty said...

I would like to shair with you my faviort Verse. It comes from 1st Corinthians 15:10. "But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me-and not without results. For I have worked harder than all the other apostles, yet is was not I but God who was working through me by his Grace."

This verse helps me remind myself that God Loves me just the way I am. People might think that I am Short, fat and Ugly. But I should not care what others think Because by the Grace of God I am what I am. Thanks for letting me shair this with you.

mike said...

Ruth, Thanks for sharing. God's love is amazing.