Monday, June 22, 2009

Fatherhood; An Ordained Job

Growing up without a father has kind of left me high and dry. When my pastor goes off about men not knowing how to do a woman's job. And a woman not being able to perform a man's job. I must say I totally agree. A woman can teach a boy nothing of what it means to be a man or in return a father. Only by fellowshipping with my Heavenly Father have I even got a small clue. this whole thing leaves me kind of aloof.

I'm not looking for any sympathy here, just something that was on my mind tonight. Hope everyone had a great Fathers Day!

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

I understand a bit of what you mean. My parents divored when I was about 10. My dad was around, but he was better at being my "friend" than what I needed, and that was a father. When Kris and I got married, he pretty much left the picture. He has contacted me a couple of times, but not to really form any type of relationship. His absence of being a father has affected many parts of my life. I'm thankful I have a relationship with God, and that He, is my Father.