Sunday, June 21, 2009

Roots Of Faith

While driving through Southern Iowa this weekend I past by a tree that I go by every year. This tree is growing sideways. All its branches are pointing straight up but the main trunk of the tree is completely horizontal. This tree survived a huge storm in its past. A storm tried uprooting this tree years and years ago. What roots were left in the ground held on and life persisted.

In many ways I thought that's what the storms in our very lives today try doing to us. they try to uproot us from our faith. But like the mustard plant if our roots are strong nothing will be able to separate us from our faith in Christ. We will survive the storm as we place our faith in Christ Jesus.

"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers." (Psalm 1:3)

1 comment:

RCrotty said...

That is a great way to look at life. I sometimes feel that people are trying to push me over but I have to remember that Gods Roots are stronger than anything else.