Monday, August 17, 2009

Wisdom Is Her Name

How Blessed is the man who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver and her gain better than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; and nothing you desire compares with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her and happy are all who hold her fast (Proverbs 3:13-18).

I'm fascinated how in Proverbs wisdom is repeatedly referred to as she. Is there some hidden meaning that God is trying to get across to us. I do believe He lays it out in Proverbs. Proverbs tells us how wisdom warns, wisdom brings security and wisdom calls out to us. It shows us some awesome rewards we get from wisdom. Who in their right mind wouldn't want this wisdom?

Prov. 4:6 ....love her, and she will watch over you. vs. 13 ....Guard her, for she is your life.

I do need to walk in more of this wisdom in my daily life. I don't always make the right decisions. I think that memorizing some of these passages would be of some benefit. (vs. 7) "The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom; and with all our acquiring, get understanding."

Still I marvel at the "she" aspect of it all. Is this just some witty way of explaining wisdom to us. Or is there more behind this. I think we all would agree that most times when we hear the term "she" we believe someone to be talking about a woman. The female gender. So I look at what God said about woman in the book of Genesis at her creation.

...."It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him." (Gen.2:18)

I continue to read and it says in vs. 24 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh."

So can I boldly say that wisdom is our HELPER, we are to be JOINED to WISDOM and become ONE with WISDOM. Just a thought. What do you think?

No comments: