Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prosperity And Order

I was thinking of how thankful I am to have everything that I have. What a blessing it is to have such a nice house, a roof over my head. A nice vehicle that runs great. Just things in general. I've heard so many times that when God speaks of prosperity in the Bible he isn't speaking of things. I don't think that's completely right. God does things in a certain order. Of course people think of money or possessions more often when the subject of prosperity comes up, but as I understand it the Bible points out that God is more interested in our spiritual prosperity than anything else. To God our spiritual growth comes first and foremost. Then the other things are added on.

I look at Psalm 25:12-13 which reads "Who is the man who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose. His soul will abide in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land." I see when we choose to live God's way according to His word...by faith in the acceptance of Jesus Christ and denial of self then we have prosperity. Our souls will abide in prosperity....then it says his descendants will inherit the land. Then I believe that's when physical prosperity comes forth.

In 3 John 1:2 it says "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers." If you keep reading through vs. 3 "In fact, I greatly rejoiced when [some of] the brethren from time to time arrived and spoke [so highly] of the sincerity and fidelity of your life, as indeed you do live in the Truth [the whole Gospel presents]." (AMP)

I truly think that when we live accordingly in a godly manner in the covenant God has made for us through the shed blood of Jesus Christ we can expect prosperity. Spiritually and physically.

Lets look at some more scripture. (Psalm 128) "How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, Who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, you will be happy and it will be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine within your house, your children like olive plants around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord. The Lord bless you from Zion, and may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. Indeed, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!"

And Ezekiel 36:26-27 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances...vs. 29...I will call for the grain and multiply it,....I will multiply the fruit of the tree and the produce of the field."

I do realize that the things of this world will some day be destroyed and we are not to heap up treasures here but store up things in heaven. But I do see where the Lord has prospered me and I give Him all the thanksgiving and glory for it.


No comments: