Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rediscovering Joy And Happiness

There was a few days a week or so ago that I totally felt like I lost my patience and joy. I was giving into anger and self pity, throwing temper tantrums and acting out in wrath and so on. I must of looked real pathetic to the Lord being so week in the flesh. I kept thinking of Romans 5:3-4 which reads.

[I will be full of joy now!] I will exult and triumph in my troubles and rejoice in my sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.

I can honestly say that joy was the last thing I was feeling when things constantly went wrong. When people where pushing their way under my skin I surely didn't rejoice in my sufferings. In fact some bad, bad stuff bubbled up. Which all in all isn't the worst thing to happen. Now that these things have came up I know what I am dealing with. I now know what to work on. I've preached on not ignoring weaknesses and I guess that sermon was just as much for me as anyone else. Now I can triumph in my troubles knowing what I have to deal with in my own life.

My joy level has gone up as well as my patience. God has stepped in and is working in my life. I feel I am being refined and truly becoming more Christ like everyday.

2 comments:

RCrotty said...

Watch this Viedo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPhnKcSE6JE

von said...

I'm glad you keep trusting!