Sunday, September 13, 2009

Work Study Work Study

I've had a lot going on lately. Don't seem to have time to blog everyday anymore. I have worked these last two weeks straight it seems. Not at my everyday job but with getting ready for winter time and stuff. Cutting fire wood and canning vegetables have taken a fair share of my time. Not to mention my ministry work.

In between things I have been studying my book that we are going over in Bible Study. I skipped ahead one chapter to get an idea of what my class will be covering. The first part of the chapter had some interesting information that I wanted to share here.

"To the United States belongs the distinction of providing three-fourths of the missionaries of the lst century and approximately the same amount of money and material aid." This means that 75 percent of all missionaries have come from a country boasting only 5 percent of the total world population. God blesses those who make His priorities their priorities....God has blessed America because we have been the launching pad of the world's great missionary movement. In the aftermath of World War 2, Americans started 1800 missions agencies and sent out more than 350,000 missionaries. And as a result, "today, 95 percent of the world's population have access, not only to some portion of Scripture in their language, but also to Christian radio broadcasts, audio recordings, and the Jesus film." That achievement is due largely to the missionary zeal of churches in the United States.

The rest of the chapter (Does America Have a Role In Prophecy) covers America as a free nation, America being founded on God and His Word, America being incorporated into European coalition, and the future of America. There are some great quotes and knowledge in this chapter and I'm lovin it. There is so much more I could share but I wont bore you with the details. Get your own book. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.