Monday, September 14, 2009

The Devils Desire

Today I felt the Lord impress something on me. As much as God loves me, Satan hates me. This is something in theory I already know. But God went as far as to say that the devil desires my heart and soul. That scared me a little to think of it that way. The same way God desires fellowship with me and desires my heart and my soul to be with Him in eternity, the devil desires my heart and soul to be with him in hell for eternity. The devil will do anything possible to achieve this. Satan has nothing to lose. Satans hatred burns with passion as God's love burns with passion. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy but God's love is an all consuming fire!

I can see why this is a battle. Why we are to put on our armor. To keep fighting the good fight of faith. We are at warfare continuously whether we like it or not. We are told in the Word to resist and stand firm. To be ware for satan is looking to devour whomever he can. We are also told to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or satan. The devil never fights fare and will strike your most vital areas which brings me back to a post from the other day. Guard your heart. Never ignore weak areas in your life. Guaranteed satan will ignore your strong points and try his best where he knows you are weak. And never forget the devil desires your heart and soul. Be alert, be on guard!