Saturday, April 17, 2010

Miracle On Highway 9

It's been a couple of weeks now but I want to share what God has done for me. I have been reading lately of strange and creative miracles that God has performed for His children. One was how these guys flew an airplane over two hundred miles with their gas tank on empty. For some people they try and logically figure out how this could be. They ignore the possible divine intervention. I for one believe that our God is a God of miracles. I have first hand experienced several starting with my salvation and deliverance. I have received healing after having hands laid on me. I am a miracle believing Christian man that says with confidence, "Anything is possible with God."

Two Saturdays ago I was hauling a huge load of wood home. Still ten minutes away from home I felt a wobble in my truck and then heard some grinding noise followed by a series of crunches. In hearing this I immediately pulled over thinking I had dropped a drive shaft. I looked under my vehicle to see nothing out of place. So my first thought was my transfer case was going out. When I got back into my truck and tried driving, it wouldn't go into gear. I heard spinning and grinding sounds coming from the transfer case and transmission. Trying different gears I sent up a small prayer. "Lord, please help me get this truck home safely, please." Finally I got it to go into drive. It felt funny and drove a little funny but it was going. I took it easy most of the way home going 35 to 40 mph all the way home. I thought to myself when pulling up to town that I would go home first and unload the wood then take the truck up to my mechanic. But when I slowed down and turned into town the vibrations and grinding noises got worse so I turned around and headed back up to my mechanics place. When I got out of my truck I looked underneath it again to see nothing out of the ordinary. Then I saw it, smoke rolling from my back wheel. I went to the other side to see that I had sheered off every stud. For you who now little of vehicles the studs are what your wheels sits on and the lug nuts screw to the studs keeping your tire firmly attached. I had absolutely nothing holding my tire on except the angels that God sent for my protection. I explained the whole thing to my mechanic and he looked puzzled. How can that be unless your rim is stuck to your brake drum he said. We went and looked and it was not stuck. The brake drum was sitting inside the rim of my tire. He called another mechanic over to look at it. They both looked in amazement. No one said anything and perhaps I should have but I knew deep inside it was divine intervention which kept me from wrecking on my way home. This is what I am calling Miracle On Highway 9.

I gave my testimony in church a week later. People need to hear what God is doing in the lives of His children everyday. If we only knew of the dangers He kept us from on a daily basis we would praise and worship Him all the more. Our God is a God of miracles and wonders. He loves us so much.

2 comments:

Char said...

I guess I know you are right. This morning 4-24-2010, we got a call telling us our horses were out on the highway running north. Immediatley in my mind I pictured our little horse running back to the barn, and with that I trusted God to take care of them because I had already put them under his blanket of safety, as we were on our way, we recieved a call that they had gone back to the farm. Upon driving in we saw two of the horses and the little one I pictured going back to the barn was not there. I trusted God more! Phil cought scout and took him back to the barn, the other fallowed. When he opened the door he said "shes in here! she never left"! Well, God is a God of miracles. . . . . OH well, just another day on "Living in the Glory of God Street". LOL

von said...

Wow! Mike that is just to awesome! I love it when Jesus does neat stuff for His kids.

Char, that must have sent such anxiety with a call like that. I love the way you let the Lord take over and handle that situation. Thank you Jesus for taking care of Mike and Char's situations of danger.

I think we have the same power that Jesus has if we would only trust in it. However, I think we need to be into His presence as you have spoken about Mike in one of your posts. Mike, you also speak many times about having a full relationship with the Lord.
Thank you both for sharing your miracles.