Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Question Is

With my line of work I deal with many semi truck drivers. These truck drivers come from differing states. It's funny to me how they all seem to ask me the same questions. Their questions always seem to vary around the economy and how business is going for us. I hear this question often, Are you guys keeping busy? It's noticeably on peoples minds everywhere you go. And of course in the importing exporting/transporting business they notice the up and downs more on a first hand basis. You can kind of see the fear so to speak behind all their questions. They have this sense of fear of not knowing what is coming around the corner. It's easy to get caught up in this "fear" of not knowing. I could dwell on the bad business part of things and get caught up in the "fear" of things. But instead I thank God for my job and trust no matter where I am He will be my provider. When I speak to these truck drivers I usually turn the subject around to being happy to have a job. I always show a spirit of joy to be employed and be working 40 hour weeks. I choose not to get caught up in the "fear" of the future because I know I serve a loving God.

No comments: