Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why I'm Sorry Introduction

Why I’m Sorry is a summary of how I feel today about the sins I’ve committed “yesterday.” Trying to put the past behind us sometimes isn’t always the easiest thing to do. My wrong doings are all filed under yesterday. What I did “yesterday” isn’t implied by actually yesterday even though I did sin yesterday. When you here me say “yesterday” I’m simply making a remark of the past. All the history wrapped up in my little life. With that said “yesterday holds a lot of trouble. Trouble that was destined to spell my future out for disaster. Short falls and little sins seem to build up on a person. If you don’t know how to deal with sin or just plain don’t deal with the sin in your life they make you who you are. They start to transform a person into something. Something less than desirable. That’s where I found myself. A person living a meaningless life who was less than desirable. The best choice I made was to repent of my “yesterday” and make Jesus Christ Lord and Savior of my life. When I accepted Jesus in my heart I knew I had a lot of sin to deal with. Sin I didn’t all want to deal with. But I knew I had to. I had so many addictions it was overwhelming. When I was baptized in the Holy Spirit which was only 7 days after I accepted Jesus in my heart I was instantly delivered from many addictions. Most people think that’s all they need. A quick fix so to speak. God’s power and love showed up in my life but the battle had just begun. The renewing of the mind was and is still next. Today, a little more than two years down the road I’m still free from drugs, alcohol and smoking. Yet the sin from “yesterday” still haunts me. A never ending battle of fixing my eyes on Jesus. Trying to weed out the negative effects that sin has made in me and resist the flesh of today so not to add to the sin of “yesterday.”

2 comments:

Char said...

We are so thankfull that we serve a God of love and a God of joy that is looking to bless us in any way He can. Jesus who is so happy to forgive us, welcome us to His presence, and never miss a beat. Basking in His love helps us to take our eyes off of our mistakes, and never see the mistakes of others. Yet learn to walk in love. Roberta told me that love teaches. So I have been working on teaching in love when I feel the Holy Spirit urging me to gently show someone a different way, or the right way. (Usually I ignore the things people do) We sure do have plenty of oportunities to practice our love walk!

von said...

That was moving. Makes me feel humbled by Gods love for us.