Thursday, August 12, 2010

Up To Bat

Next Wednesday I'm up to bat again. I will be hosting/co-hosting our Wednesday night Bible Study at the church. We have had a few teacher meetings and everything seems to be going well. I will be sharing a message about "coming in" to God's presence (worship) and "going out" with God's presence (witnessing). I'm excited to give this timely message which will teach a few points on what worshipping God does for us. My message will also cover going to the world with God's message. I am sad to say this message is not original. I didn't come up with it from my own personal devotion time. God didn't necessarily speak it in my heart. I did in fact get it from a sermon series I heard online. It was a four part series and I felt the first two parts of the series would make a great Bible Study. I'm not really concerned about my originality quite yet. After leading a couple Wednesday nights I've come to realize I need to concentrate more on my deliverance of my message. I need to get the butterflies out. It seems my brain fills with a fog as soon as I get in front of everyone. So I will use this time to try and flow through a message. I'm thankful that I will be up to bat with someone else. This will shorten the time issue. So much stress comes from trying to fill the entire time slot.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I'm sure you will do very well. The more practice you get in front of people, will give you more confidence in the abilities that God has given you.

Vonn said...

I love that. You will do well.