Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Grieved Heart

My heart is grieved. Grieved to the point of breaking. My beautiful wife and I had the privilege of sitting in on Youth Group last night. Something I was looking forward to. What I witnessed was several young youth that were so disrespectful, not just to the Youth Pastor and the church property but also to the Lord and His Word. It hit Suzy and I pretty hard and we both were broken last night. My first thought (after pushing the thought of beating their heads together out of my head) was that these kids are just like I was around that age. And that's not a good thing.

I know they have bad role models at home. People who constantly let them down. An unbalanced family and I'm sure many other problems. But what can I do but love them and just be there? I try and think of what would have helped me back then. With a bad attitude and not caring for the things of God. Do I say something to them about their lack of respect? God's giving me a heart for the lost. And it hurts. I can only imagine how painful it is for God to see so many people He loves so dearly walk by in life so aimlessly. They have the answer right in front of them but they choose to mock and reject Jesus right to His face.

I need feedback on how to discipline properly in Youth Group. I need advise on how to lead such young people. Like me, I pray they turn back to the Lord. I know prayer had a lot to do with my turning back and so I will keep knocking until that door is opened.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Bless you for your brokenness for these kids! I wish I had some awesome feedback to give you, but I don't ;o/ Just keep loving them, which I already know you will.

Praying for you right now to have wisdom and discernment of how to approach them next time!!!