Friday, October 15, 2010

A New Opportunity

Shortly after getting a Facebook account I was contacted by a couple of individuals stating I was their brother. Sure enough it is true. I met one of three siblings from my fathers side for the first time at my wedding. I haven't seen my father since I was a baby. So a new opportunity arises. Who knew Facebook would have started this relationship. A lost relationship that would probably never of happened if I would have kept up my Facebook hate club. I'm not sure yet if this is divine intervention or what have you. I will take this opportunity to build a new relationship with a man I never knew growing up. The sweet thing about it is I can be a great witness for Christ in this relationship and the relationships I will be building with my two new sisters and brother.

The other day I received a letter from my father. The first step to getting to know each other. It's kind of scary if you think about it. I'm sure it's scary for him also. He has no idea what kind of person I am or how I might react. He doesn't even know if I will receive him in my life or not. Lucky for him I'm not who I used to be. The old me is dead. I'm a walking dead man that's alive in Christ. So I am mustering up the courage I have to write him back and tell him about myself. Sounds like I will be able to meet him real soon too.

God, what are you doing? What are you up to now?!?!

No comments: