Friday, January 28, 2011

Impure Motives

Jan 26th (Matt. 17:23)

I think possibly the disciples were grieved by impure motives. They thought Jesus was the messiah that was coming to set up an earthly kingdom to reign. If they had their minds set on the things above they would have heard Jesus' message more clearly and been filled with joy that He would raise to life again in three days. Having the wrong mindset will cause us to miss the true picture, the real blessing.

We must always be checking our motives. Testing our hearts. By faithful discipline of studying God's Word we can keep ourselves in check. Taking the time for God's Word and revelations to sink into our hearts and change us will help keep our motives pure.

Lord, when you speak, I will listen. I want your word to change me. To grip my very heart. Through my changed heart may I impact others as a rippling effect.

No comments: