Sunday, November 9, 2008

Knowing the Word

My church just started a new series called Boot Camp. Today Pastor Will was talking about weapons and how when you start boot camp your given a weapon. You have to learn your weapon inside and out. Take it apart and put it back together in a certain amount of time. This weapon he was referring to is our B.I.B.L.E.. How can we go out to battle and try winning people over to Christ when we don't know our weapon. When someone asks you a question regarding your faith and you stumble through the answer it's because you aren't taking the time to know the Word. At the end of the service with every ones heads bowed and eyes closed he asked people who wanted to know the Word more to raise their hands so he could pray for them. I haven't been a child of God for very long so I raised my hand. In my thoughts I figured just about everyone there should have their hands raised high. I think even if I had been a Christian for five or even ten years I still would have raised my hand. I made up my mind today to get a plan in action to read my bible through completely in one year. I do read it every day but without a designated plan. This will take discipline on my behalf but I know it will pay off in the end. perhaps I will do this every year. Pastor said this year he will have read completely through the Bible thirty times. Even after this many times he still stumbles across something new.

1 comment:

von said...

I would have raised my hand!