Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ice fishing...brrrr

It's that time of year again. When all us fisherman of fish get all our ice fishing gear out. I have a hard time getting motivated to do this. Getting my stuff together isn't all that difficult. It's the dragging your stuff out in the middle of the lake, freezing, spending a half hour drilling one or two holes, (depending on the thickness of the ice) freezing, setting up your ice house, freezing, and then getting your heater set up to thaw out just to find out there are no fish were you are sitting.

I think I went ice fishing once last year. The only reason I went was because the ice was a safe foot and a half thick and it was 40 degrees out. That's like spring around here. Of course I drilled a hole to find out I was in four foot of water and had scared every fish within a 100 yard radius of me. That was the last time I went out.

I need to by an old van with a good heater. Then I can drill a couple of holes in the back of the van and drive around until I find a good spot. Wow, this might catch on. I need a catchy name though. hmmm. I will have to do some thinking.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

When I think of ice fishing I think of the movie "Grumpy Old Men"... makes me laugh.

In my non professional fishing opinion, the best way to ice fish is with dynamite! :)

mike said...

Kris,
You should come with me some time then you can see how not funny it is. except when someone falls through the ice.(without getting hurt of course);)

Leave the dynamite behind please! You would make a scary fisherman :o